Sunday, February 26, 2012

About Office Boxing

I struggled for years with "what people should do" and "what is fair" and I was pretty stubborn when it came to letting the real world horn in on my rosy view of it. One day I was feeling particularly beat up by a person I was working with. I made a comment about it being like a fight, which led to boxing, which led to research and the book on Office Boxing.

Because I had such a hard time recognizing and dealing with people with personality disorders, and because there is so very much to know about each disorder, I decided I would call the book a beginner's guide. Once I got going, I used "beginner's guide" to help determine how deep to go into each area. The "beginner's guide" was also a helpful gauge for Sirrka, my collaborator with a doctorate and many years experience in psychology. Sirrka, who has northern roots, would say "only a foot of snow" deep -- which might seem like a lot in most places, but not the upper mid west. So, the book is like that: pretty deep if you're not used to it, but otherwise just the start of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment